As electronic data storage has become the norm for most industries, the switch to virtual record management has brought new security challenges to businesses across Pennsylvania. Computer disposal is one area where companies are beginning to realize the potential for serious liability. A few of the concerns your business could face if an obsolete hard drive fell into the wrong hands are:
- Accidental or intentional release of proprietary information or trade secrets
- Exposure of consumer or employee data paving the way for widespread ID theft (resulting in litigation by the affected parties and leaving your company liable for any damages)
- Violation of HIPAA, FACTA, or Gramm-Leach-Bliley regulations resulting in penalties and other disciplinary action against your company by government agencies
What We Can Do for You
Having all private data rendered completely unrecoverable from equipment that has reached the end of its life cycle is a sensible and affordable aspect of risk mitigation. Our facility offers state-of-the-art data wiping and destruction services for your business. The following is an overview of what we do at Commonwealth Computer Recycling:
- Hard drive erasure using Department of Defense approved methods
- Hard drive degaussing and destruction (shredding)
- Tape degaussing and destruction
- Destruction of CDs and other electronic or magnetic media
We offer three levels of data wiping so you can pick the appropriate service based on the sensitivity of the data on your electronic devices:
- Level I – Includes wipe of functional equipment or degaussing of non-functional equipment – more details
- Level II – Includes all services from level I plus Certificates of Destruction for all equipment and $25,000 liability protection – more details
- Level III – DOD approved equipment destruction and $1,000,000 liability protection – more details
If your company handles electronic medical records, be sure to ask about our specialized services for HIPAA compliance!
Need Audit Documentation? We can provide you with the appropriate certificates for Data Wiping, Destruction, or Recycling in compliance with all state and federal regulations. Documentation includes the serial number of each hard drive to ensure your audit trail is intact.
You Can Trust Us with Your Data
Our knowledgeable staff have all been fully screened and passed an extensive background check – and we never outsource our work. We have a $1,000,000 errors and omission liability insurance policy. To find out more and schedule a pickup of your equipment*, give us a call at (866) 925-2354.